Here are a few tips:
1. Be Real- be sincere and truthful always!
2. Look for the extraordinary- keep your eye out for something someone does really well! Pick something that really stands out.
3. Choose the right compliment- when choosing a compliment go with something that the person you are complimenting will really enjoy hearing.
This can help you develop a friendship.
4. Describe the effect someone has on you- people like hearing how they affect others. While praise is ultimately about the other person, they must of had an affect on you to notice.
5. Don't wait for the perfect moment- sure, the timing of a compliment is important. But the perfect moment will never come.
Just let it happen naturally!
I had to try it out myself..
Today in church I sat next to a big family. The young boy right next to me was about 10, he was so well behaved and had a cool pair of eyeglasses on!
When Mass ended I turned to him (while his grandfather smiled and listened in) I said to him, "you were so well behaved, and by the way I love your glasses!"
He immediately said, "Thank You!" and his grandfather looked so proud.
How did I feel? I felt really great, I can remember when my girls were young when someone took the time to compliment them, it was so thrilling to hear!
Take a moment this week to give a compliment or two!
Peace & Positivity,
Comments will be approved before showing up.
In 2016 we are on a mission to Spread Positivity with Say it forward greeting cards..face to face connections will happen around the United States!